I have had a lot of nervous energy recently. Nervous energy driven by fear of the future,
fear of loss, and fear of rejection, fear of being misunderstood, and fear of
what might happen in the future. This
nervous and fear energy, I have observed, to like run from one point to
another, endlessly. So, like, I get
fixated on one point and worry and fret over it until it is resolved, and then
I move to the next point doing the same thing.
So, like, I am starting to wonder if this is just fear, nervousness, and
worry, that is generating for some other reason than the outward points – and
that may explain why this energy is more like a constant that just gets
fixating on a point as like an excuse or justification for it to exist in the
first place.
I have actually had major break-throughs in my recent
history wherein I have been able to ‘contain’ and thus probably suppress this
fear, worry, and nervous energy. This
is so because I see it for what it is now, just energy, but yet because it
re-emerges, this indicates to me that I have suppressed it, rather than fully
release it. And so, over the past
couple of weeks, these energy reactions have been rather intense and constant,
moving from one point (potential problem) to the next; and the fact that this
fear, worry, and nervousness moves from one point to the next and has been
remaining rather constant, indicates to me that there is probably another
underlying point that is driving these energies other than the ‘issues’ on the
surface.
So, what is the underlying condition, the common
denominator? I mean, if I haven’t been
clear enough, what I’ve been experiencing is fear, worry, and then nervousness
directed at a certain point, and then when that point resolves, almost
instantly this fear, worry, and nervousness is directed towards another point –
and then this happens again. Well,
another common denominator is that all this fear, worry, and nervousness is
directed at one individual I am doing business with on multiple projects. So, it’s like, I have fear, worry,
nervousness on one project, and then as soon as that one resolves (and it
always resolves good), then I move to the next one to worry, fear, and get
nervous about. Ok, so I have changed
directions here a bit in this writing.
I have just realized that this worry, fear, and nervousness are directed
at one individual on multiple projects.
So, again, what is the common denominator(s), here?
Let’s see, for one, I fear that I will be misunderstood and
thus perceived by X to be ‘under-handed’.
This is the word that comes to mind.
Yes, ‘under-handed’. Now, I deal
straight with X. There is no practical
reason for anyone to be accusing me of this.
Yet, this is one fear. Another
fear, is that X may be disappointed on some decisions we make together on
cabinet and countertop selections for Xs various high-end homes, to the point
that I also fear that X might get mad and blame me; and possibly X may not even
want to pay me. This is also, from a
practical perspective, ridiculous. The
decisions we make are always mutual and I always have X sign off on them;
furthermore, we have done 50 or so projects together over the years with
probably a 1% disappointment rate, or in other-words, a 99% satisfaction
rate. And even in that 1% (or so), we
always worked it out. However, with
this said, in one of my current projects with X, we made some selections that I
did not have him sign-off on. I broke
my pattern here, and so I have a lot of regret, and fear of the potential
consequences that may arise. Now,
there are other fears that are coming up not in relation to X, such as: fear of
the company I work for going out of business because my sales are so slow for
the first part of this year, so far.
Then there are my own personal financial obligations that I
fear not being able to keep up with if we were to go out of business. Then there is a fear of, ‘if person X really
does no longer do business with me, then with my other sales being slowed, we
would definitely go out of business.’
So, the fear of our current business situation enhances the fears mentioned
above towards person X. However, there
is not a lot practical evidence to suggest that we will go out of business at
this point. In fact, we have survived
far worse circumstances than we are in now, and statistically speaking, it
would not be too much to expect an up-tick in business in the near future. To give background on the company that I
work for, it is a family owned business where I am the only sales person. The entire viability of that business has a
lot to do with me. So, there is a lot of
‘pressure’ that I experience as a consequence of that relationship. The interesting this is, however, that this
relationship is like a double-edged sword, because on the other side of the
‘coin’, there is the wonderful fact that as the ‘only’ sales person, I get all
the leads generated from the store.
Nevertheless, I also have had fear and worry of the owners actually
suing me if we go out of business because I fear them blaming me for if things
go wrong. This too, is a bit out
there. I mean, owners don’t typically
sue workers in this current monetary system as it is set up; and further more,
my relationship with the owners is good and they see that I am doing everything
possible to ensure our business survives, and I am doing everything as a matter
of fact. And I am definitely not doing
anything destructive for this business, either intentionally or
unintentionally.
So, what I am seeing here is a coping mechanism that I have
created way back into my early childhood of fear and then worry and then anxiety
and nervousness, like in that order. I
fear and fret the past, and then go into anxiety about the future and then
nervousness as a consequence of the fear, fretting, and anxiety. Then because I am conducting myself in
nervousness, I start also fearing and fretting all my interactions with others
while I am nervous. This is actually
merited at some level within the point that if I am acting in nervousness, then
I really am more likely to be making mistakes and thus creating problems for
myself. So, then this just compounds
and layers on top and then all these reactions intensify.
So, in the last few weeks, as it has become evident that our
business is slowing down big-time right now, I have been reacting in a lot of
fear, worry, anxiety, and nervousness towards all the possible ‘problems’ that
could ‘seal my doom’ as my defensive protection measures, and I have been
loosing a lot of sleep over it too. In
fact, my sleeping patterns are all fucked up right now and its been affecting
my writings because I don’t have the time that I normally have due to my sleep
patterns being all fucked up and also due to the fact that I have been wasting
a lot of time worrying and fearing over stuff.
So, what is the underlying point that could link all this
together going back all the way to early childhood? Could it be self-trust?
Could it be that I do not trust myself to be able to find the best
solution to whatever I face? Could it
be that I do not trust myself to be able to stand through any and all
consequences that I may face? Could it
be that I do not have the self-trust to be confident that I always use the best
words to be able to instill trust of myself in others? Could it be that I do not trust myself to be
able keep and sustain supportive relationships with others? Could it be that I don’t trust myself to be
honest with others, even though I am as far as I am concerned within my
conscious awareness? On that point,
could it be that I am not honest with myself to myself and then I am projecting
this distrust of myself onto others?
Could I have been, as a child, exposed to a circumstance that resulted
in my not being able to trust myself?
The thing that comes up, within this point, is that my biological father
‘disappeared’ from my life when I was only 5.
From that point forward, I had a new adopted father. I never understood his disappearance, until
I was an adult. Could this have created
a lack of self-trust? My mother, also,
never allowed me to do all the things my friends were able to do at their age. I had to be older, to ride my bike, down the
street than the other kids because she was afraid I would get hit by a car, yet
my friends parents all could ride their bikes – so, was there a lack of
self-trust instilled in my there? My
mother was also very nervous, from my memory.
Did she teach me to act nervous to solve problems? My first grade teacher told me that ‘I would
never make it life.’ She really told me
that!!! Fucking crazy thing to say to a 7 year old, right?!? Could that have caused a lack of
self-trust? Could there be a relationship to me being able to complete something, or stand on a point, or being able to direct myself and self trust? I mean, have I not been directing myself and I know this at some level and thus I have limited self trust as a consequence? And can this lack of self-trust be triggering fear, worry, anxiety, and nervousness as my defense mechanism and coping mechanism for what I face in life?
No comments:
Post a Comment