Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 311 – Persistence

To be persistent, has a fine line between bugging someone and being effective, in my mind.  Also, although I do have a positive value system associated with the word ‘persistent’, there is a point of resistance that I have to being too persistent.  I mean, I don’t want to bug anyone with my persistence, and also I get bored with too much persistence as its like I just need to do something else other than the same thing over and over again.  The value in persistence, that I see, is that if one keeps doing something over and over again with the desire to achieve a result of some kind, then eventual a result will happen because it’s almost inevitable, unless impossible.

Image result for perseus 

Dictionary Definition of Persistence:

: The quality that allows someone to continue doing something or trying to do something even though it is difficult or opposed by other people

: The state of occurring or existing beyond the usual, expected, or normal time

Sounding:

 

  • Per cyst ants
  • Peruses stance
  • Pur sis stance
  • Per sustenance

 

Charge: Negative (overall)

 

Self-forgiveness

 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge persistence as ‘negative / bad’, overall within and as me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that through persistence I will be bugging others.  Within this, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to connect fear to the point of possibly ‘bugging’ others through my actions or my persistence.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react in fear to being ‘too persistent’ and thus limit my self-expression within and as the living of the word ‘persistent’ as who I am.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge others who I perceive as persistent as being a ‘nuisance’

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist persistence because I have judge the act of doing the same thing over and over again as negative / bad and boring.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define persistence and the act of persistence as boring and dull.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create within and as myself a belief that being persistent is to live a boring and dull life- wherein, within this, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to place positive value in ‘my right’ to be spontaneous in my actions regardless of whether or not the point of being persistent will bring any value to my life or others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist the act of being persistent because of memories that I hold onto from the past of when I was a child being called ‘persistent’ by my parents when and as they were actually saying this word to me to let me know to stop bugging them.  Thus, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist persistence because ‘I don’t want to bug anyone’ of which is based upon memories, and thus I am just living in the past.

 

Creative Writing on Persistence:

  • To like, Perseus, the Greek hero, persevere over the ‘enemy’, or difficulties one encounters.
  • To make someone happy through one’s stance within the sounding ‘purr’, like a cat, sis ‘stance’
  • To provide sustenance for self or others through one’s actions

 

Persistence, redefined: the act of returning to do something until a goal or purpose is achieved; with no expectations of how long or easy something should take, but instead within the self-commitment to simply return to do what is required no matter what until success is achieved.

 

I commit myself to be persistent and to live persistence as who I am in every here breath by simply directing myself to return to all tasks that I commit myself to until I reach my goals and objectives no matter the difficulty and without any expectations of how things should go.

 

When and as I see myself reacting in fear that I am being too persistent / pushy towards others, I stop and I breathe.  I do not accept and allow this because I see, realize, and understand that so long as what I am doing is not within self-interest and am required to be done, and then what I am doing must stand.  I commit myself to apply myself within persistence and breathe through any resistance to doing so.

When and as I see myself judging the act of persistence as boring and self-limiting, I stop and I breathe.  I do not accept and allow myself to judge this way because I see, realize, and understand that this judgment is not real, and that I am only limiting myself within the point that I have am limiting myself to be able to achieve my goals and fully express myself here.  I thus commit myself to breathe and press on with my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment